: Undefined variable: filename in /home/content/99/7355699/html/joycelafray/public_html/header.php
on line 123
Cicely's Curried Chicken
Originally published in: "Tropic Cooking: The New Cuisine of Florida and the Caribbean"
- 1 pound chicken breast, diced
- 1 clove fresh garlic, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1 cup water, or less
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Fresh lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Curry condiments: mangos, mango chutney, coconut, scallions, tomatoes and chopped unsalted peanuts
Season the chicken with fresh lime juice and salt to taste.
Saute' the garlic and curry in a few tablespoons of olive oil for a few minutes.
Add the onion, green pepper, tomatoes, celery, and ground pepper. Saute' until the vegetables are done.
Add about 1 cup of water to the mixture and gently mix.
Add 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch to the mixture. Add more if necessary.
Add the chicken and cook about until just done.
Serve with a selection of curry condiments in small bowls or lazy susan.
Copyright Joyce LaFray. All Rights Reserved.