: Undefined variable: filename in /home/wt2fabghbdzu/public_html/joycelafray/public_html/header.php
on line 123
- 1 pound raw conch, chopped*
- 2/3 cup Key Lime juice
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, or other oil
- 3 cups coconut milk**
- Dash Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Dash coarsely ground black pepper
- Leafy lettuce
- Red Bermuda onion, thinly sliced
- Cucumber and fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Edible flowers (optional)
One day ahead grind fresh or defrosted conch, and place in a large glass bowl. Add in Key Lime juice, mix well, then cover and allow to marinate in refrigerator for 24 hours. The lime juice will "cook" the conch. When marinated, drain off excess liquid and discard. Add to the bowl with the marinated conch, the oil, coconut milk, tabasco, sugar, salt, and black pepper. Combine well and adjust seasonings to suit taste.
Serve seviche on a bed of lettuce decorated with thin sliced bermuda onion, sprouts, cucumber and basil. Garnish with fresh edible flowers.
* To tenderize conch properly, beat with a heavy mallet, then add to food processor and process until pieces are about a 1/4" dice.
Copyright Joyce LaFray. All Rights Reserved.