: Undefined variable: filename in /home/wt2fabghbdzu/public_html/joycelafray/public_html/header.php
on line 123
- 4 6-ounce pompano filets, or other firm white fish
- 2 cups milk
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 1 pound medium size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/3 cups pureed roasted yellow pepper
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Mango chutney relish* (optional)
Soak fillets for 1/2 hour in milk to remove any "fishy" odor. Sprinkle each pompano with Key Lime juice, then brush each pompano fillet with one tablespoon of olive oil. Grill over medium-hot coals for two minutes on each side, turning carefully so not to break fillet. Remove to low oven to keep warm.
In a 10-12 inch skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining olive oil. When oil is heated and begins to smell fragrant, add garlic, red bell pepper and shrimp. Saute' about two minutes or until shrimp turns white and is done.
Using a large serving spoon, place one fillet on each plate with a portion of the yellow pureed pepper around each. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Serve with mango chutney relish on the side.
Copyright Joyce LaFray. All Rights Reserved.