: Undefined variable: filename in /home/wt2fabghbdzu/public_html/joycelafray/public_html/header.php
on line 123
- 10-12 Key Limes, thinly sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh dill sprigs
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups dry white wine such, as Chardonnay
- 3 cups fish stock, clam broth, or water
- 3 pound medium size shrimp, shells on
- 1 stick (1/4 pound) sweet unsalted butter, melted
Combine all ingredients except wine, fish stock and shrimp in the bottom of a fish poacher or large steamer. Pour in the wine and fish stock. Simmer for about 25 minutes, then add in the shrimp and cook until shrimp turns translucent. Do not overcoook.
Drain shrimp and serve piping hot with drawn butter, or cocktail sauce if you prefer.
Copyright Joyce LaFray. All Rights Reserved.